Cocoknits Sweater Method Class
This class explains the Cocoknits Method – a system of tracking knitting progress in your own easy to follow customized worksheet. Unlike most traditional patterns that create flat shapes, the tailored style of construction in these patterns creates truly three dimensional garments that impart a great fit upon completion.
All designs are worked from the neckline down, so once the neck and yoke area are established, the knitter can just cruise through generating the sweater and not worry about counting or losing track of their place in the pattern. Another advantage of knitting top-down is the ability to try on your garment as you work, to ensure the fit is right.
Skill level: Intermediate, you should be able to read a knitting pattern, knit, purl, k2tog, decrease and increase without assistance.
This class is broken into four two-hour sessions. We will be making the Emma pattern in the workshop book.
Prepayment and registration required before class.
Class Supply List
- Cocoknits Sweater Workshop book
- Cocoknits Sweater Worksheet (provided)
- Colored stitch markers
- 1 ball of heavy worsted/aran, chunky, or bulky yarn
- Circular needles in size 9–11 (either one 40" or longer or 3 separate circulars)
- Smaller skinny needle in any size (double pointed or circular)
- Yarn snips or scissors
- Tape measure or ruler
- Blank paper for notes (or use back of your worksheet)